Marble Cake

Marble Cake



While having dinner, my husband asked whether would
like to buy bread for tomorrow breakfast?
I said not necessary because I am intending to bake Marble Cake.
He asked me why I did not bake in the afternoon because
at least it won't be tiring for me.....since I went to
Big Bad Wolf Book Sales this morning with my son.
I said no problem because Marble Cake is very easy to bake.
He nodded his head and gave me the grin smile....I know he
loves to eat Marble Cake.

My son and I had a wonderful time buying books
at the Big Bad Wolf Book Sales,
so so so cheap........ and lots of varieties......too bad that my daughter cannot
tag along because of her AS (A Level) exam.
Well, upon smelling the aroma of my bake Marble Cake later,
sure my daughter will forget about the book sales....ha ha ha and also
to give her a boost on her memory to answer all her exams questions
without hesitation and with flying colours!




225 g caster sugar
225 g plain flour mix with 2 tsp of baking powder (shift twice)
225 g butter (room temperature)
4 eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
50 g cocoa powder
50 ml milk




Beat butter for 2 minutes.




Pour in the caster sugar to the beaten butter and
beat until light and fluffy.




Beat in egg one by one.




Towards to the 4 eggs, pour in together with the
vanilla extract and beat until combined.




Pour in 1/2 of the flour into the batter and beat
until combined.




Pour in the milk and beat until combined.




Lastly, pour in the last 1/2 of the flour and beat
until combined.




Get ready your baking tin lined with grease paper
and make sure your oven is pre-heated before
you place your cake mixture to bake.




Take 1/3 of the batter and pour in the cocoa powder.




Mix until combined and leave at one side.




Pour 1/3 of the batter of the baking tin and
spread evenly.




Pour cocoa mixture to the top of the batter and
spread evenly.




Lastly, pour the balance of the 1/3 batter to
the top of the cocoa mixture and spread evenly.




Take a skewer and run through the batter to make
marble effect and bake for 50 minutes at 190 Degree Celcius
or until done.




Once done, take it out and let it cool.




With a knife, run through the side of the baking tin
to loosen the cake and place the cake in a serving plate.




Yummy....yummy....delicious.
While blogging this cake, my husband, son and daughter
has started eating this delicious Marble Cake.
:) ;) :)

Comments

This butter cake is my all time favourite.
I think majority people like butter cake. This weekend will be going to your housing pasar malam. It's huge! Hope we wont get lost going there.

Popular Posts