Air Mata Kuching

Air Mata Kuching

Mata Kuching is one of our Malaysia local fruits.
The flesh is sweet and crunchy.
It is smaller in size than Longan.
I bought this Mata Kuching from market,
sold by a couple at RM5.00 per kg.
Direct translation from Mata Kuching ("Cat Eyes")....well,
after peeling the skin off, it looks like Cat Eyes!

Full Translations : Air (Water), Mata (Eyes) and Kuching (Cat)



You should try this fruit, you won't regret it.
You can eat it directly or make it into so call dessert or beverage.




Wash thoroughly until the water runs clear.
I put inside the fridge to cold it.
After one hour, take it out and peel off the skin.




You are going to need :-

Peeled Mata Kuching.
One Jug of Cold Water.
Some Ice Cubes.
Some Sugar Cane Rock Water (click here for recipe)




In a bowl, pour 2 tablespoon of Sugar Cane Rock Water
and few Ice Cubes, then 2 cups of Cold Water and
lastly drop in few Mata Kuching and stir.




Look refreshing to drink, isn't it.
Ok.....go to the market or fruits stall to buy the
Mata Kuching and make it immediately for you,
your family or friends to drink.
My dear daughter took 2 bowls, same goes
to my husband and son.....me???
Of course, 3 bowls-lah :)

Comments

Unknown said…
This fruit look like a ball of jelly. I don't think it is available in my country.Pakistani Cooking Recipes are the best. I love all Pakistani Recipes and indian recipes and mostly the appetizers by zarnak sidhwa recipes

Popular Posts