Chrysanthemum Drink

Chrysanthemum Drink
 These past few days, our weather is very hot and humid.
If you go outside from your house, you sure will be sweating
even it is just for 5 minutes.

This morning, I went to market to buy vegetables and meat to cook for dinner,
but alas, my husband told me not to cook because he wanted me
to accompany him to go down town to buy shirt and sport shoe.
Told him "What am I going to do with all these vegetables and meat?".
His simple reply "Cook another day".  I said ok but I still need to boil this
Chrysanthemum Drink since the weather is so hot...
need it to cool down our body.

Today is Labour Day and wishing everyone happy holiday.


 50g of Dried Chrysanthemum 
with a few pieces of Liquorice slices (Kam Choe in Cantonese).
100g of Sugar Cane.
5,000 ml of Water.


Wash the Dried Chrysanthemum and Liquorice slices thoroughly and
put into the pot with 5,000 ml of Water.


 Boil at high fire for 20 minutes.
Then, lower down the fire to medium and boil another 25 minutes.


 After total 45 minutes, turn off the fire.

(Note : Do not boil too long because the drink will be bitter)


 Strain the Chrysanthemum with a colander.
Discard the Chrysanthemum.
Leave the Chrysanthemum Drink to cool at one side.


This Chrysanthemum Drink is not sweet at all and if you
prefer it to be sweet, then by all means, put more sugar.
This drink is good for our body, easy to boil and lastly, cheap also.


Comments

Jasmine Pang said…
Hi Amy,

thanks for your guidance cos I've bought the chrysanthenum tea. Now i've to buy a colander to strain the flowers.
Jasmine Pang said…
Hi Amy,

thanks for your guidance cos I've bought the chrysanthenum tea. Now i've to buy a colander to strain the flowers.

Popular Posts