Corn Pudding (Puding Jagung)

Corn Pudding (Puding Jagung)
I believe all Malaysians have tasted this dessert.
I have been making this dessert since I was teenager.
Simplest thing to make and it's simply delicious!

Yesterday night at around 11.00 pm, my daughter told me that she will
be attending a pot luck steamboat party this evening with all her ex school friends and
everyone have to bring some food and she was given the task to bring the dessert.
I said, why are you telling me last minute?  
As usual lah, she will blur blur looking at me with her innocent look.

So, early in the morning, I embarked on my trip to the bakery shop (15 minutes
drive) from my house to buy all the ingredients to make this Corn Pudding).
At the end, with my daughter's smiley face going to the pot luck, 
it brings me happiness even though it is a last minute cooking 
because I know her friends and herself will be happy eating those foods, 
drinks, desserts and especially those chit chatting after so many months of 
not meeting because of college life (far and near).



2 cups of Cream Style Corn
3 cups **Evaporated Milk
6 cups of Water
2 cups of Custard Flour
1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar

(** Note - To avoid wastage and availability of ingredient,
I use 2 cups of Evaporated Milk and 1 cup of Whipping Cream.
The end result is still good but sweeter a bit)




Pour all the ingredients into a cooking pot.



Stir until well combined and no lump.
Then turn on the fire to medium and let it boil.
Occasionally, you have to stir it to avoid burning the custard.
Remember.....not to leave it unattended.



Once you notice it is slightly thickened, turn the fire to low and
remember to keep on stirring to avoid burning the custard.



With your finger, draw a line on the back of the ladle, shown above 
and if it is not covered back by the custard within second, then it is cooked.  
Quickly turn off the fire.



Pour the custard into tray and let it cool at once side.
Once cool, put into the fridge to chill for more than 5 hours.



I can't stop my hand from taking it to eat while I was cutting it.
It is one of my favourite desserts.

Hope those friends of my daughter will enjoy my dessert!

Comments

Kalyan Panja said…
Just mouthwatering...looks delicious!
Liza said…
We did enjoy it! Thank you! :D
Kalyan, Thanks.

Liza, you are welcome.
Baby Sumo said…
I haven't eaten this in a long time. Your daughter and her friends must have enjoyed this very much :)
Hi Yen, Now is Ramadhan month, go out and get it. Plenty of stalls selling it.
It looks delicious. I will try it thanks for the recipe.
Unknown said…
Hi, may i know what kind of cups you use? Is it those measuring cups?

Popular Posts