White Fungus, Red Dates and Dried Longan Dessert (Tong Sui)

White Fungus, Red Dates
and Dried Longan Dessert Drink
(Tong Sui)
 If you are not going out during this crazy hot weather, do boil
this drink for your family and yourself.  Nourishes and moistens the lungs.
As Chinese said "Yun".  Removes dryness and heat in our body.



 In this post, my kids and I would like to wish their dad
and my husband "A Very Happy Father's Day" and all
Fathers out there.  We will only celebrate this occasion
when he touches down from Hong Kong today late afternoon.

Wanted to tell something about my husband.  
This month end is our 24th Anniversary.  
In our marriage life, there is ups and downs.  
Mark my words, there won't be any rosy journey in any marriage life.  
With good relationship, good communication, respect and love one another, 
patience, give and take, loyal, faithful, loving, trust, and etc...
I bet your marriage life will be long lasting. 
Of course, sometimes my husband will give me pain in the neck.
My character is that I do NOT like to prolong in any arguments even though
if I am right or wrong.  It is not that I am giving in easily 
(as what my kids said).  To me if the argument is not life threatening and 
not a big deal, why want to argue until the cow comes home.  
Wasting my energy and time and also give me a bad mood.  I don't want that!
My husband is a guy who provides well for the family and 
a very good filial son and son in law and 
also I love him more because he sweep/clean the floor 
and scrup/clean the toilets (whole house).....no joke, from our marriage life
until to date.  The reason being because he is fanatic on cleanliness
and said that I do not use much energy in it and the rest is history.
All my friends and colleagues said that I am a lucky woman 
because majority Chinese businessmen won't do it.
BUT, if he step on my tail (do I have a tail?...hahaha) then, 
I won't speak to him.  He don't like it when I do not speak to him....
(another weapon to use if I wanted to win and refuse to back out).
As what my kids was saying, majority households will have the
husband lazy on the couch when the wife sweep/clean the floor and
in our household will be the opposite. LOL
Oh! the family photo taken is at Floating Market in Bandung 
around early of  February 2014.

Enough of the long story....back to my recipe.



 25g White Fungus
40g Dried Longan
40g Dried Red Dates
65g Rock Sugar Cane
1.5 Liter Water



 Soak and clean White Fungus for 20 minutes or until soften.
Cut the bottom hard part.  Cut to desire sizes.

Soak and clean Dried Longan and Red Dates for 10 minutes.
Seeded Red Dates.



 Add water and all ingredients (except for the Rock Sugar Cane)
into a pot and boil for 30 minutes or 1 hour depends on your fire
either high or medium.  I used pressure cooker and took me only
30 minutes.  Lastly, add in Rock Sugar Cane.

(Boil longer, if you wanted the White Fungus to be softer in texture)



You can drink it while it is hot or cold in room temperature.
I have some left over during the night time and kept it 
in a container and put inside the fridge to drink it the next day.


Comments

Kimmy said…
Hi Amy, lucky of you to have a husband doing the toughest job at home [cleaning the toilets/bathrooms]. I must consider myself lucky too cos' my hubby does the ironing, sweeping the floor and washing the toilets too. That's why I have time to cook and bake, hehehe! Nice dessert for the hot weather.
Baby Sumo said…
Wow lucky you indeed... having such a good husband that will clean around the house. Hehe I am lucky too cos my hubby bakes and do all the DIY around the house :)
Ivy Sew said…
Hi Amy, glad to hear that you have such a good hubby. I guess, nowadays men don't mind doing all these household chores. My hubby does all the mopping and washing as well as gardening, hahaha... How lucky we are! Your tong sui is very yuen and is great during this humid and hot weather. Thanks for sharing and God bless :)
adelboo said…
Hi Amy,

Good day. I came across your blog while I’m blog surfing and I found your wonderful blog. Are you interested to earn extra income? If yes, please reply to my email adel@exabytes.com


I am looking forward to hear from you. Thank you.

Nice post, fully informative thanks for sharing

It is really interesting, I hope everybody lick this Post.
Hi Amy, I got my mum to make this last week and it was sooooo good! Thanks for sharing recipe ��
interview hr said…
WARNING!

There’s JUST ONE REASON you might fail on the Paleo Diet and it has everything to do with your ability to make delicious food, FAST.

But now, with this stunningly simple cookbook I’ll show you how to cook savory, mouth-watering meals in minutes for some of the busiest Paleo eaters in the world...

For more info please click on the following link: How To Cook Desserts

Talk soon.
Sean Parker said…
Delicate drink for get together parties.
compare gatwick parking
Jason Martin said…
Dates are adding more delicate taste in this recipe.
meet and greet luton airport
Unknown said…
We all only celebrate this occasion when he touches down.
meet and greet Stansted

Popular Posts