Braised Fish Maw with Dried Scallop and Dried Mushroom

 Braised Fish Maw with
Dried Scallop and Dried Mushroom
Hi, I am back after "MIA" (missing in action) for few 
weeks.  I have infection and inflammation on my
right eye.  Now, I am getting much better compare
to the early stage that I can't even look at bright light.

Firstly, I would like to wish everyone 
Happy Chinese New Year and May this Year
of Goat (Ram) brings you and family with
Good Health, Longevity, Happiness and Prosperity.


 This dish is forever favourite to my family.
I bet it is also your favourite dish.
Chinese family will cook this dish for their reunion
dinner (eve of the Chinese New Year).  Different family has their own
version of this dish.  I have been eating this dish for the past few days
at different places till today.  
Never get bored of it especially when you have piping hot rice in front of you. 
In fact, I cooked this dish today for friends of my husband
visiting us today.  All of them big eater and drinker.
Ok, enough of my blabber....need to blog this recipe asap because
I don't want to strain my eye.



 75g Spring Onion (wash, clean and cut - retain the white part only)
60g Dried Scallop (soak with hot water for 3 minutes and wash)
5 cloves of Garlic (skin and lightly smashed)
20g Ginger (skin and slice)
50g Fish Maw (blanch with hot water and slice)
80g Dried Mushroom (wash and soak with hot water for 2 hours and
retain the mushroom water)

Mushroom Water + Water (to make up to 800 ml)

1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 tablespoon Soya Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Pepper

1 1/2 tablespoons Corn Flour
2 tablespoons Water

2 tablespoons Chinese Cooking Wine



 Ingredients ready to be cooked.



 Heat up 1 1/2 tablespoons Cooking Oil.
Add in Garlic and Ginger and stir for 2 minutes.



 Add in white part of the Spring Onion and stir for
2 minutes.



 Add in Chinese Mushroom and stir for 2 minutes.



 Add in 800 ml of Mushroom Water and Water.



Boil for 15 minutes and reduce the fire to medium
and boil further 15 minutes until the mushroom has soften.



 Add in Fish Maw and boil with high fire for 10 minutes
and reduce the fire to medium and boil for 20 minutes.



When the Fish Maw has soften, turn back the fire to high.



 Add in Dried Scallop and boil for 10 minutes and
turn the fire to medium and boil until the dried scallop
has soften.  In between, please add more water if you noticed 
the sauce getting drier.



 Get ready the seasoning.
Mix the Corn Flour with the Water and stir well (for thickening).

Once the Dried Scallop has soften, add in the seasoning
Chinese Cooking Wine.
Then add in the corn flour to thicken the broth.
Turn off the fire.



I know this dish need time to cook but when you eat
it with piping hot rice, you will know that all the hard work 
is well and definitely worth it.



 I am submitting this dish
"Braised Fish Maw with Dried Scallop and Dried Mushroom"
to the "Cook & Celebrate : CNY 2015" hosting by


I am also submitting this dish to
(Jan/Feb 2015)" hosting by


Comments

Zoe said…
Hi Amy,

Gong Xi Fa Cai.

I see lots of hor liao in your CNY mushroom dish. Very yummy!

I hope that you have recovered well from your infection. Please take care.

Zoe
dried fish maw said…
Dried Fish Maw, Dried Shark Fins, Dried Sea Cucumber, Dried Shrimp, Dried Sea Limpets, Dried Abalone and Cow Gallstones. http://driedfishmaw.com
Sean Parker said…
Looks like a mouth watering recipe for me.
gatwick airport parking deals
Jason Martin said…
To some people fish is smelly but for me, it is one of the most favorite recipes.
meet and greet luton
Unknown said…
This dish for the past few days at different places till today.
compare Gatwick parking
order the best duck meat in Brisbane only at Rock N Roll Butchers
Asianmeals said…
I have read your blog, it was very useful. I request you to publish the blog related to sambal tumis.

Popular Posts