Stir Fried Chicken With Char Choy

Stir Fried Chicken with Char Choy
My son came back for summer holiday last few weeks ago and
I only had the chance to cook for him last week due to our hectic
schedule accompanying him here and there.
He loves to eat Char Choy (Pickled Mustard Root) and cooking Char Choy
with Chicken will be his favourite.  You can cook Char Choy with
any meats and also for noodle.  Myself also love to eat it.
As usual, I will share with you this delicious recipe.



 1 Red Chilli (seeded and sliced)
Few stalks of Spring Onion (cut to thump length)
One pack of shredded Chay Choy* (soak with water for 30 minutes,
rinse and squeeze out the water)
2 pips of Garlic (minced)
3 pieces of Chicken whole leg (deboned and cut into pieces)

* Note : Some named it Char Choy or Pickled Mustard Root or
Szechuan Salted Vegetable or Szechuan Preserved Vegetables

Marinade - 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp light soya sauce, 2 tbsp cornstarch

Seasoning - 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tsp soya sauce, 1 tsp sugar



 Marinade the Chicken for 2 hours and fried until cooked.
Dish and drain.



 Heat up 2 tbsp Cooking Oil and saute Garlic until slightly brown.
Add Char Choy and stir fry for 1 minute.
Add Chili and stir fry for 1 minute.
Add Seasoning and stir fry for few seconds.

Note : If you feel that it is a bit dry, please add few tablespoons of hot water.



Add Fried Chicken and stir fry for few seconds.
Add Spring Onion and stir fry for 1 second.
Dish up and serve immediately.



I know you will think that it is a bit hassle to fry the chicken and then
cook it.  If you don't try it, you won't know that this dish is 
delicious, yummy and mouth watering.

My dear colleague, Stephanie cook it based on my manual instructions and 
she managed to cook it.  Her whole family finished eating it and 
her husband praised her for cooking a yummy dish.



Comments

Puteri said…
I love your blog and the step by step pics.. Really helps me so much as I am too a newbie.. Learning to cook since I just got married.. Excellent work and please do keep writing... Thank you!
Great to hear that you like my recipes.

Popular Posts