Creamy Broccoli Soup

Creamy Broccoli Soup
 Before my husband flown overseas, my dear daughter requested 
for this soup.  She loves all kind of soup.  Well, as her mother, 
I won't decline her request.  Embark my journey to buy those ingredients.
After cooking and calculating those ingredients bought, 
found out that it is indeed very cheap compare eating outside and
lastly all my ingredients are fresh.


Ingredients :-
400g Broccoli (cut into florets, stems peeled and chopped)
1 medium size Onion (roughly chopped)
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Flour
2 cups of Chicken Broth + 1 cup of Water or Chicken Broth
1/4 cup Cooking Cream
Salt and Pepper
Method :-
1) In a pot, melt butter over medium fire.
2) Add Onion and cook until softened.
3) Add flour, stir until combined (1 minute only).
4) Add Chicken Broth slowly and whisking constantly until the flour well combined.
(By doing this way, the flour won't be lump together)



 Method :
5) Add Broccoli and bring to simmer.  Cook the Broccoli until very tender.
6) Use hand held blender and blend until smooth.
7) Add cream and stir until combined.
(I found it is too creamy and added some boiling water. The choice is yours)
8) Season with salt and pepper.



 Upon seeing and tasting it, my daughter said
"Mum, you are the best".

After drinking all the soup and with her cheeky smile, she requested for 
Mushroom Soup.
Do I reply her "Am I your servant?....of course I did not replied her that."
In fact, this morning went to Market to buy some Mushrooms.
Will be making it tonight for her next day meal.



Comments

Popular Posts