Stir Fried Kangkung with Garlic and Chili

Stir Fried Kangkung with Garlic and Chili
Today I wanted to blog to take away my mind from the problem on my Dad.
My Dad's health is getting deteriorating day by day.
Seeing him in this situation aches me but I have to be strong in front of my family and
especially my dear old fragile Mother.  Well, end of my sobbing story.

I am posting Stir Fried Kangkung with Garlic and Chilli.
We call it Kangkung in Malaysia.  In other countries, it can be called Water Morning Glory,
Water Spinach, River Spinach or Water Convolvulus.
Whatever it is called, we just love to eat this vegetable!

During my marketing, I was looking at some vegetables and the vegetables seller told me
to buy Kangkung because it is very fresh.  I told her I was lazy to cook it.
She said very easy lah, just par boil the Kangkung then stir fry it with
garlic, belacan and chilli.  Since, she said so easy, so I thought alright lah....bought two heaps.
So cheap cheap cheap, two heaps at RM2.40 only.

For this dish, I did not add belacan because I just wanted a  plain stir fry dish.





  1. Wash and cut off the stems and par boil the vegetables.
  2. Heat up 2 tbsp of cooking oil and stir fry the garlic and chilli.
  3. Add the vegetables and stir fry for 1 minute and sprinkle some salt to taste.  If it is dry, please add some hot water.
  4. Dish out.



Even without the belacan, this dish still delicious.


Comments

Popular Posts