Puteri Ayu

Puteri Ayu
So tempting when saw some homemakers made this Puteri Ayu.
Well, this morning made this for praying to my late father.
My brother's family and my mother said the texture is soft and flavourful
 with coconut and pandan.  I am glad that I made this.

Below is my slight amended recipe.




  1.  1 Egg
  2. 50 g Caster Sugar.
  3. 70 g Self Raising Flour (shifted).
  4. 65ml Coconut Milk blended with 5 pieces of Pandan Leaves (strained).
  5. 40g Fresh Shredded Coconut.
  6. Pinch of Salt.
  7. 1/2 tsp Corn flour



  1. Mix the shredded Coconut with Salt and Corn flour and set aside.
  2. Blend the Coconut Milk with Pandan Leaves (Screwpine Leaves), strained with muslin cloth and set aside.



  1.  Beat Egg with Caster Sugar until thick and fluffy.
  2. Add Coconut Milk and beat for a short while.
  3. Add half of the Self Raising Flour and mix well.
  4. Add the balance of the half Self Raising Flour and mix well.




  1. Oil the moulds with some oil.
  2. Press some shredded Coconut at the bottom of the mould.
  3. Pour the batter into the moulds.
  4. Steam at high fire for 10 minutes or less.  (I did for 13-15 minutes and found the texture bit hard).(When the water is boiling only you place the moulds for steaming).  It is all depends on the fire, size of the mould and quantity of the batter inside the mould.  
  5. Unmould it when it is slightly cold.



Definitely will be making this again to share with my friends.


Comments

Popular Posts