Potato Curry Puff
I am very happy with this Potato Curry Puff.
Even though has a lot of work but I am tremendously satisfied with the outcome.
My family and Mother said it is delicious, like stall bought.
Million THANKS to Jessy Jess from Daily Homecook Meal for the pastry recipe,
my dear colleagues Azlina for the fillings recipe, Vicky for the curry leaves,
Nonfaiza for the herbs (cinnamon and star anise) which I have forgotten
to bring back home from office.
- 4 stalks of Curry Leaves.
- 1 pack of Meat Curry Powder (24g)
- 2 Potato (used Russet Potato, palm size ...forgotten to weigh it) - Diced to small sizes
- 250g Flour
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil (original recipe Butter)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cold Water
- Heat up 3 tbsp of cooking oil, add the diced potato and curry leaves and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder and stir well.
- Add some water if it is dry, stir again until cooked.
- Add some salt to taste.
- Please add water gradually while cooking.
- Cook until the potato has soften and dry. Note : If fillings are wet, will has difficulty folding the pastry.
- Set aside.
- Add Flour, Salt and Vegetable Oil into food processor.
- Pulse until well combine.
- Gradually add cold water. It will become crumble.
- And then turn into a ball..
- Pour the pastry into a bowl.
- Set aside for 30 minutes covered with damped towel.
- Take out some pastry.
- Roll out thinly and cut with cutter.
- Fill with 1/2 tbsp of the potato filing.
- Fold it.
- Pleat the side.
- Heat up cooking oil at high fire.
- Put in the puff slowly and fried at medium fire.
- Once slightly brown, turn the fire to high to force out the oil.
- Once cooked, take it out and placed on top of the wire rack as photo above. (My mother told me by doing this method, the puff won't be that oily).
- Set aside.
Don't you want to make for your family upon seeing this delicious Potato Curry Puff?
Have a great weekend.