Honey Mustard Chicken And Avocado Salad

Honey Mustard Chicken and Avocado Salad
 Today is the 3rd day of the Chinese New Year and I bet everyone must have enough 
of eating meat and alcohol except for the happy gathering.
I had a good laugh when my son told me that he had enough of meat and 
this coming week, he wanted to have vegetables only and same goes with my husband.
Well, I made this Honey Mustard Chicken and Avocado Salad for them.
This recipe is from Karina from cafedelites.com
Note : Since my fridge does not have some of the ingredients, hence I have omitted some.
The choice is yours.



 Ingredients for the Salad :-

  1. Some Red/Green Oak Leaf Lettuce
  2. 1 ripe Avocado (pitted and sliced)
  3. 1 cup Corn Kernels (steamed)
  4. 1 small Cucumber (sliced)
**Ingredients and Method to marinade the Chicken :-
  1. 2 tbsp Honey
  2. 2 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
  3. 1 tbsp mild Dijon Mustard
  4. 3 tbsp Olive Oil
  5. 1 tbsp Apple 
  6. 1 clove Garlic (minced)
  7. Salt and Pepper to season
  8. 1 skinless chicken breast (cut to strip)
** Note : Mix item number 1 to 7 until well and add into the chicken strip and marinade for few hours or over overnight.




Method to pan fried the chicken strips and to make dressing :-

  1. Heat up the pan with little bit of cooking oil and pan fried the chicken strips until cooked and set aside.
  2. For the dressing, use the same ingredients (except for the chicken) of the above marinade to half and mix well.
  • Assemble all the salad and cooked chicken strips onto a plate and drizzle the dressing over the salad.




My husband had this for his lunch and dinner, then I know it will be in his list.
Well, it is also same for me, I love the flavourful of the grilled chicken over the refreshing salad
and lastly the creamy dressing of the mustard.

Again over here, my family and I would like to wish everyone 
Happy Chinese New Year 2018
May this Chinese New Year bring many opportunity to your way, to explore every joy 
of life, turning all your dreams into reality, abundance of happiness, good health, 
success and prosperity.

Comments

Popular Posts