Chocolate Fudge With Assorted Nuts

Chocolate Fudge With Assorted Nuts
Today, I make Chocolate Fudge With Assorted Nuts
for my husband (it is his favourite).
This Fudge will be the redemption. Ha! Ha! Ha!
I feel bad for not accompanying him to
go back to his hometown for Chinese Ancestor Praying.
It is just not that I do not wish to go,
I just wanted to re-charge my energy for next week at work.
For these past weeks, I have been working late
and reaching home around 10.00 pm to 10.30 pm.
If you like nuts, then you will like this Fudge.
It is very simple to make, do try it out for your family and loved ones.
You won't regret it.


80g condensed milk
40g butter
250 cooking chocolate



50g apricots (coarsely diced)
100g toasted almonds
100g toasted hazelnuts



Line a baking try (8 inches by 8 inches) with aluminium foil.

(Note : Easier to take out the Fudge)



To melt the chocolate, we need "Double Boiled Method".
Get ready a pot, fill with water and turn on to medium fire.



Place another pot on top of the earlier pot.
Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the upper pot.
The water must be in simmering.



Pour in the chocolate, butter and condensed milk.




Stir until melted and lift it up to cool slightly.

(Note : Do not allow any water / moisture to drop into the
chocolate, if not, then your melted chocolate will be sieze and harden)



Once the melted chocolate has been cooled slightly,
pour in the apricots, almonds and hazelnuts.



And stir until well combined.



Once well combined, pour into the prepared baking tray lined with aluminium foil.



Use the spatula to level the surface.



Let it cool again and chill in the refrigerator for about 1 1/2 hours.]

While I was doing this fudge, my daughter has been coming down
occasionally from upstairs asking "Is it done?"......and I said "Soon" and
"It is especially for daddy and try not to finish it all".



Take out the Fudge and lift it up by pulling the whole
aluminium foil. Cut into squares or rectangular size.

Magnificent Chocolate Fudge!

Comments

kick said…
It looks so sweet and tasty.
If I want to eat it, I need to jogging 3Km!
I love nuts.But I am not nuts.
flaffyfish said…
how much time is needed to stir until the chocolate, butter and condensed milk to melt?

cool slightly.. means how longah??

Soorry im slow...stir clock wise only or... boths sides also can??
Kick - You definitely won't go nuts.

Flaffyfish - When you notice the chocolate, butter and condensed milk turn into watery and no lump, then it is done. Approximatively around 10 minutes. You can stir either way (clock wise or anti clock wise).

Take care and enjoy.

Popular Posts