Dorayaki (Japanese Red Bean Pancake)

Dorayaki (Red Bean Pancake)

My whole family loves this Dorayaki,
favourite food of Doraemon). I've always thought that
it is difficult to make until I saw it from Nami from
Just One Cook Book . Thanks to Nami for sharing this recipe.
It is so easy to make and inexpensive.
You should try it out, my daughter and I
had great fun making it.



140g Caster Sugar (it is quite sweet, next try will lower to 120g).
4 Eggs (room temperature).
160g Flour and 1 tsp Baking Powder (shifted).
190g Red Bean Paste.
2tbsp Honey.
2tbsp Water.



Pour Caster Sugar, Eggs and Honey into bowl.



Beat until fluffy.



Pour in the Flour.



And mix well until combined.



Put into the fridge for 15 minutes.



After 15 minutes, take it out from the fridge and
pour 1 tbsp of water and mix well. Do not pour in
so much water. The texture of the batter should be
thicker than the normal pancake batter.



Oil your pan with kitchen paper towel.
The oil cannot be visible through naked eyes.
Medium fire.
Pour in the batter from 1 foot high.
Pancake should be 3 inches diameter.
To me, sizes depend on you.



Cook with medium fire.


Once you see the bubbles coming out,
flip it over to the side and cook further.
Remember, while you are cooking the pancake,
please do not go anywhere or do other things,
because your pancake will get burnt easily.



Once done, scoop it out and put into wire rack
and cover with kitchen towel.



I made around 13 pancakes.
Spread the Red Bean paste on top of the pancake
and then place another pancake on top.



My daughter said my Dorayaki has more Red Bean taste
compared to the outside ones. My husband and son said it is
delicious except that it is a bit sweet. My daughter is even going
to facebook her friend about it because she knows that
this friend particularly likes Dorayaki.
The above Doraemon handkerchief was gift from our
Japanese friend, Kikuo Ikegami to my children few years ago.

Comments

Popular Posts