Red Velvet Brownies
Red Velvet Brownies
During recent Chinese New Year, my husband's friend
commented that it has a while I did not bake this super
delicious yummy Red Velvet Brownies.
He is such an Angel and not to disappoint him,
I baked this for him, his mother and some our friends.
This Red Velvet Brownies are super moist and with
the cream cheese as topping, you will die for it.
Ok, enough of my blah blah blah.
Here goes the recipe but remember to save
some for yourself, because within short time
being served, it will be gone very fast from the table.
Thanks to dailydelicious for this wonderful recipe.
For information, I have improvised some
ingredients to suit our taste.
Ingredients for the brownies :-
125g Butter (melted)
180g Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp Red Food colouring
1 tsp Distilled Vinegar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
30g Cocoa Powder
40g Walnuts (chopped and toasted)
1) Preheat the oven 190 degree celsius.
2) Line 8x8 inches of pan with baking paper.
3) Mix flour and cocoa powder evenly and set aside.
4) Mix the sugar with melted butter for 3 minutes,
mix in the eggs for 2 minutes,
mix in the red food colouring until well combined,
mix in distilled vinegar and vanilla extract until well combined,
fold in flour/cocoa power mixture and fold until smooth.
5) Reserved 4 tbsp of the batter and set aside,
lastly, add in walnuts and mix well.
6) Pour the batter into the pan and set aside.
.....Now to make the topping ....
Ingredients for the cream cheese topping :-
250g Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
35g Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Vannila Extract
1) Mix in all the ingredients and beat until smooth.
2) Add in the beaten cream cheese on top of the batter.
3) Drop 1/2 tbsp of the reserved batter on top of the
beaten cream cheese in sequence or anywhere you like
it and swirl it into pattern.
4) Bake 40 minutes with a small cup of water beside the
pan (doing so, won't crack my brownies)
|You have to bake it in order to know the taste and texture|
and how supercilious it is.